Oh wow. It has been a long time since I wrote a post. I had a few saved but I just did not get excited about finishing either one of them. This post will be about running because if you know me… talking running always gets me excited!
Yesterday was the beginning of the first training cycle for me. Cleveland Half Marathon is #1 on the list which takes place in May. I am not sure yet what my goal will be. Maybe I will have a better idea once the miles start to pick up. Breaking 1:55 would be amazing but I also need to be honest with myself. I have truly rested the last 4 months with a few runs a week here and there. Sickness has plagued me and my family. Glad that we are all on the other side of it.
I do have few goals for the next 12 weeks. Writing them here to keep myself accountable.
- Cross train. For real. Not just one time. Every week. I am following Hal Higdon’s Intermediate 1 training plan which has cross training for Mondays. I can do this.
- Strength training. I want to do this Thursday’s. Run in the morning and then strength train in the evenings.
- Stretch. Especially after anything over 5 miles.
- Hydrate like a mofo before and after long runs.
- Cut down on the booze. Once a week should be enough.
- Run in new places even if this means traveling 45 minutes- 1 hour away.
- Read 2 books that are running related.
- Yoga. Once a week.
- Treat myself to a massage. I still have not gotten one for the marathon back in October.
- Hit up the trails a few times. Maybe even do a trail 5-10k. Just for fun. No time expectations at all.
I have got my training plan hanging on the fridge and I know my darling daughter will check it every day to see what I need to accomplish!
Whatever you are training for, may this training cycle be filled with fun, love for the sport and NO INJURIES!
Happy running, friends!